One Big Family
First thing to know about us?
We are a community of imperfect people. We don’t have all the answers, and we certainly haven’t “figured it all out.” We embrace the messiness of life and welcome people at all stages of the journey. Maybe you are just wondering about who this Jesus guy is. Maybe you have been hurt by the church in the past and are just starting to think about coming back. Maybe you are looking for find a deeper faith. Whatever it is that you are searching for, there is space for you here.
Sunday mornings are at the heart of our community. Whether you are enjoying breakfast and a latte with friends, helping with the kids and teens, or eating lunch and watching the Hawks game we hope you will feel at home in this space with us.
Worship With Us
Join us for breakfast, followed by a simple worship service in the Fellowship Hall. No Children's or Youth programs at 9:20AM.
Our contemporary service in the sanctuary. Nursery through 12th grade programs available.
A SEASON OF PREPARATION
Advent means “coming.” It is a time of longing, watching, and praying for God’s healing, transformative presence to be ever more vibrantly present in the world. In this sense, Advent is a season in which we focus on that key phrase in the Lord’s Prayer, “Thy kingdom come.” As Christians, the good news we strive to live by and declare is that love is stronger than hate, peace more enduring than war, hope more powerful than despair – and the light of God's love will extinguish forever the shadows of shame cast by violence, suffering, sorrow, and contempt.
We hope you will join us.
Pastor Fred Choy
Unofficial Tips for Worshiping at SCC
Who Can I Expect to Meet?
- Normal people from many different places. You’ll talk to students, professionals, moms, kids trying to steal your cookies during lunch, skeptics, artists, and others that are here, just like you, because they’re trying to figure out what God has to do with them.
What is Worship Like?
- We are a Presbyterian Church that appreciates the rituals and language that has formed people for generations. But we aren’t afraid to tinker with tradition. We value community and laughter in worship, so we don't dress up or leave our coffee at the door.
Where Do I Park?
- We invite all new visitors to park in the lot behind the church.
A Few Other Tips
- The cafe opens at 10:15AM and lunch is served, most weeks, after our 11AM Worship. Don't miss out on the free coffee and food!
- Look for staff and volunteers wearing name tags: they will answer any questions you have.
Youth Winter Retreat
"Those who are generous are blessed,
for they share their bread with the poor"